Thursday, October 1, 2009

ONE SICK BOY



THIS is Jack with the Swine Flu. Not a pretty site and not a Happy Camper.....He just jumped from the stomach virus to the flu. Please pray for my little man...I am so ready for him to be WELL. I am in Dallas for a few days at market, but did not leave before I took my little man lots of surprises...hoping to make him SMILE. He has had high fever for the past 2 days and now Amanda is beginning to feel bad...so we are all loaded up with our Tamiflu. I hope it keeps the rest of the family from getting really sick...
And since it is Thursday, though I am not officially participating....I am going to list just a FEW of the THINGS I am most THANKFUL for today....I so want to have an ATTITUDE of GRATITUDE EVERYDAY!
1. Thankful for every member of my family!
2. Thankful that we all have great health insurance!
3. Thankful we all have jobs. Thankful that we get to work, when so many NEED jobs.
4. Thankful for 5 star hotels that are SO cheap through Priceline. I happen to be in one for the next five days.
5. Thankful that we have "enough" that we can help OTHERS.
6. Thankful that one of my closest friends, finally became a grandmother yesterday....a dream come true for her.
7. Thankful for four little grandsons that make me smile everyday.
8. Thankful that "He" is the same yesterday, today and forever"!
9. Thankful for cool weather....
10. Thankful for some neat things that have happened in Parker's life this month....things that we have prayed about and now have seen the answer.
Tomorrow, start your day giving thanks for the little things in your life...I know for me, if I will JUST DO IT, it totally changes my attitude.
Have a great weekend.....Count your blessings!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better jack!! I pray that he will get better real soon...also that no one else gets sick as it seems you have seen more than enough of that for one year!! Take care Teresa and have a nice weekend.Hugs, Jennifer

Unknown said...

Oh poor baby boy! I hope he's feeling better soon and that you all stay well and no swine flu!! Prayers being sent to you all.

COUNTRY MOM said...

Teresa, I pray he gets better soon and no one else gets sick. You and your family will be in my Thoughts and Prayers. Have a great weekend. Blessings my friend,

wife.mom.nurse said...

Praying for Jack.

Poor little guy.

Cindy Lou said...

I sure hope little Jack get to feeling better soon! We will keep him in our prayers! Love the Thankful Thursday!! I have so much to be Thankful for! I hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Praying for the little guy! He looks so sad in the picture....Praying that it doesn't spread through the family.
Paula

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Oh, poor sweet baby boy!! I've heard doctor prescribe theraflu, but I'm not sure how that works with children. You all are in my prayers, Sarah.

Grami's girls said...

Teresa, we are praying Jack gets better and the rest of the family doesn't get it. Keep us posted!

Sea Glass said...

Feel better Jack. I say a special just for you and your family today.

Unknown said...

awww I hope Jack gets better soon!
what a wonderful list of 'Thankfuls'

jules said...

That poor baby boy, he looks like he needs more hugs.

Randi Troxell said...

oh now! i so hope he gets to feeling much better soon.. i hate that for him!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Poor Jack..I had the stuff in the beginning and it ain't no fun. Little guy will sure be in my prayers this weekend and also that the rest of the family stays healthy.

Have a great time at market, I love Dallas! Have a productive weekend and enjoy Gods many blessings!!!

Mammy said...

Now let me see if I've got this straight: You are staying in a five star hotel in Dallas, shopping 'til you drop at market, eating Lord knows what kind of fabulous food, then driving back home alone listening to whatever radio station you choose while whizzing past some of the most beautiful scenery imaginable. I'M SO JEALOUS!!!!! Enjoy every moment!

Prayers for Jack. Hopefully he will be much better and ready to play with his new goodies when you get home.

Paula V said...

How sad looking...but he's still a cutie.

Great thankful list.

christy rose said...

Aww! I am so sorry that he is sick. I hope he feels better soon!

Heart2Heart said...

Teresa,

Poor little man! He looks so cute yet so miserable. I am hoping that he gets well soon and that the flu doesn't spread any more.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

nancygrayce said...

Hope jack gets well soon! How hard on a little one, especially right after having the stomach bug! So sorry!

Anonymous said...

Poor sweet boy! :(

Sending him bug hugs and hope he's feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

I hope Jack and all get to feeling better asap!!!! I'll lift them up in prayer. Hope you have a great weekend.

Tracy said...

I feel so sorry for this little fella! I hope he feels better soon! Sending hugs from Georgia! ((((Hugs))))

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Oh no, not the swine flu. I hope he feels better soon. He just looks miserable. Poor baby.

Grandma Elsie said...

I pray little Jack is feeling much better and no one else get the bug.
I thank you for reminding me to count my blessings.
I forget awfully fast how many I have.