Sunday, July 1, 2012

TODAY WAS MOVING DAY

Its midnight and I made it through the day.    I thought about blogging about the fires in Colorado, Obamacare, my trip to Christmas market, Gray turning 3 but tonight only one thing is on my heart


Today was the official day that Amanda and her family moved to Houston.  She will be back and forth for several months.
Plus we all leave on vacation on Thursday so I know I will see them again soon.  That softens the blow, but just the fact that they took more than a suitcase  made me hurt all over.




Jack has been with us the last three days and I have gotten hundreds of hugs and kisses.  He has gotten anything he wanted.

When I feel the tears about to spill I head for the other room so he won't ask me what is wrong.  How do you tell a four year old he is moving to another state and taking my heart with him. 


 (Parker is at the beach with his dad this week)
 
Amanda and Micah have had great friends give them going away parties. 
I could not bring myself to give Jack one. 

This is Amands best friend since preschool





Through thick and thin they have stayed BEST FRIENDS!!  I know that will never change.

I have talked to all those that have always lived away from their kids and grandkids, those that have much bigger problems, those that seeing their "little's "a couple of times a year is plenty.
(I am not one of those)   That's their reality.  Mine is quite different.

For 13 years Parker has been my life and for Jack's four years of life he has held my heart in his hands.  Jack was born soon after both my parents died.  He became synonymous with JOY.  I still cannot imagine my day to day life without him. 

I know there will be some that read this and think "If she only knew what problems were?"  I get that. 

I am also a person that is not crazy about change.  If life is anything, it is change.  I must do a better job of living with it.  I will miss Amanda so much.  We have lived close all her life. 

Enough about me....

Crew is in much need of prayer.  He has all kinds of things going on but mainly his kidneys.  He will be having a surgery this next week.  Marie is emotionally and physically exhausted. 

On a lighter note, my number one ELF, Terri....will launch her new website tomorrow..I hope you will get a chance to stop by.  http://www.milanddildesigns.com/

She has worked so hard on in it and has so many creative ideas. 

I have been stopping by and reading blogs, but have been very bad at leaving comments.  Please forgive me.  Thanks for all the sweet comments you have sent me.  I am going to do better at leaving comments....PROMISE.  

We leave for the beach the middle of this week and I will be gone for 10 days.  I will post pictures of all the "little's"! 

Happy Sunday!

12 comments:

Mellodee said...

Oh Teresa, I cannot imagine a more upsetting situation than to have my daughter and granddaughter move away. It would break my heart.

Actually, what probably would happen would be that we would pick up and move right with them.

What really scares me is that she has wanted to live in Paris since she was in high school. And after their trip to Paris a couple of months ago, they have ALL decided they want to live there! Whatever would I do?? There is no way we could follow them to Paris!

I don't think it will happen for a number of practical reasons, so I'm not too worried...yet!

It really doesn't matter how far away from our kids and grandkids we are. If it is more than an hour's ride, it's too far!!

As one Grandmother to another, I know how you must be feeling. I am so, so sorry. Hugs to you!

Mellodee

Theresa said...

Oh dear friend, here comes a GIANT hug from someone who knows how you feel! I live 4 minutes from four of my Grandchildren and 7 hours from the others! I love them all and wish that I could live close to all of them! You will have to make lots of trips to visit your family:) Like... keep the bag packed and the car running:) I know I would have to do the same thing! Enjoy your vacation, perfect timing to get to spend ALL of that time with them! ENJOY!!!! Have a blessed day my friend! My heart is hurting for you and I will pray for you... I promise! HUGS!

ShanaM said...

Hugs to you!!

West Side of Straight said...

I feel your pain! Our youngest daughter, hubby and little Renee live in Louisiana and we in Minnesota. Can't be much further away than that. They were just here for 10 days, and left this week, and tears still come easy, and especially reading your blog. It's so hard not to be close by. The two day trip of hard driving or a whole expensive day of flying gets us together about 3 times a year, and I agree, that's not enough, but guess that's what we have to work with. Hopefully you won't be as far away and can get together more often with your precious boys. I know your adjustment will be hard. Thinking of you and knowing your pain.
jo in mn

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I hope you have skype. It really is a wonderful way to be together. You don't get the hugs and kisses, but you still get to see their sweet faces.

Justabeachkat said...

You've been on my mind, I promise. I knew the time was near and that you're hurting. I understand and hate it for you. Also, I know you're getting ready to head my way and I'm excited to FINALLY get to meet you. Just give me a call once you're settled and we'll make plans.

Big hugs and much love,
Kat

Sue said...

Your pain is your pain Teresa, and you never have to apologize for it ~ have a wonderful time on your beach vacation ~ stay in the moment and enjoy every minute!

{you probably need a visit with 4 boys and a mouse:-) }

Just Meem' said...

Thanks for promoting the MilandDil Designs website launch. You are by far my biggest fan in everything and I love you!!!!

MilandDil Designs said...

Ha, lol, that was me on the last comment. I was logged in on my sister's account, oops. You're still my biggest fan!

Christy said...

I pray that when my children are grown I'm as close to my children as you are with yours. I'm not close to my mother and the ocean that's between us, is the best thing for us. My children don't know the unhealthiness that is my mom. It makes me sad, but gives me hope that I can have a loving relationship with my children when they're adults.

Praying for you as you adjust to this new reality and no doubt, you'll remain close to them. Skype, phone, facebook, etc.

Cousin B said...

I TOTALLY understand your feelings. I too am one of those grandmas who is VERY close to her grandkids. However, I too have one (the first gran born) that was my savings grace when I lost my parents AND sister all in a years time. We now go south to Palm Desert during the winters, and I just can't bare being away from them. Thank god for FaceTime and Verizon or I'd never make it. Hugs and I understand your sorrow....

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Praying for Crew. ((HUGS))
Teresa, My heart aches for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
I don't like change either. I wish I had the right words to say to make it all okay. Love, Debby