Sunday, April 1, 2012

UPDATE ON CREW...THE LITTLE GUY I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH

I am out of town so this is going to be pieced together from a text I got from Marie and then later in the day from her sister....I know so many of you check often during the day and I do not want to leave you hanging. 

This was the first news from Marie this morning after they had moved Crew to ICU.  

Crew update: they found out he has a rare fungal kidney infection. He still has sky high fevers, they are trying to beat the infection by switching medicines.
 Problems with those drugs is kidney damage and he is already suffering from that.
Please pray this works! They have hooked him up to even more bags of fluid (2 at once) because his body isn't circulating blood to his extremities, just his heart and organs. Our boy is sad and miserable....





At this point I was just sick.  She had told me last night his color was terrible and he was not eating and very listless....almost unresponsive. 



Then I got this picture from Rhonda, Maries sister.....with his grandfather holding him and he looks much better....

Rhonda told me tonight that his fever is more under control, he is eating some, his color is much better, and maybe they have the right meds going now that they have identified the infection.  Let's believe he is turning the corner...

So many people have emailed me and ask how they could do something for this family...
If you are interested you can email me at annah99@aol.com

I (along with some other bloggers and friends)  are putting something together to ship to them this week. 

Thanks to each of you that have prayed for this family like it was your own.

Happy Sunday
Teresa

8 comments:

Buttercup said...

Continuing prayers for Crew and family!

Theresa said...

What a sweetheart! I pray that the correct medicine is working and that he is turning the corner! BIG HUGS and LOADS OF PRAYERS!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh how I pray that this is a turnaround for the little guy. He's a fighter, that one!!!

I'll continue to pray for both Crew and his family. Poor Marie must be missin' the other kiddos somethin' awful!!!

You are so good to keep up updated sweetie.

God bless and have a good trip my friend!!! :O)

Skoots1moM said...

hang in there, cole, God has great plans for you ;)

Skoots1moM said...

**Crew, hang in there, God has many plans for you...
my brain isn't working to great today, it's been a long weekend!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Still praying!

momto8 said...

Holy week is this week...graces all around for Crew and his whole family.

West Side of Straight said...

I keep checking your blogs on his updates. How can one little one go through so much, and his family. I pray for him and them as are many. Thank you for your updates. Such a precious child.