Tuesday, September 6, 2011


This was a celebration weekend..a long 4 day weekend with just our little family.  And it was FUN.  But my pictures are messed up…
I have them on a camera, IPAD, and cell phone…but for some reason the best ones will not load…I will try to get some help tomorrow and come back and add them

To the day, eleven months ago, we were being (what seemed like hounded) to sign a DNR at Baylor. 

The doctors were not sure Jack would live through the day.  Part of me does not want to write about our miracle when so many are waiting on theirs or even feel like they did not get one.

Trust me ..we are not the perfect family with the perfect life…but this weekend was an exceptionally good one.
While on this earth we will never understand why we saw Jack healed and totally well and others have not had the same ending. 
Nor do we know what the future holds, but for today and for this weekend, we celebrated.

We all arrived in Dallas Friday, had great hotel rooms next door to each other, unloaded all the toys and older boys toys…
I never know whether they are playing XBox or what…They have it all.
We arrived first with Jack and then Micah and Amanda. 
We made a stop at the Galleria and Amanda got her a “fine purse”!  Then we had Mexican food at a new place for us.
Back to the room to meet up with Greg and his family and Parker was with them.… The little's all camped out together (not in my room)..this is when I got great pictures…

Gray and Jack Da
Gray and Jack and Mr. IPAD

Saturday morning was the big game day..

Game day

Amanda and Micah were up early and ready to head to the tailgate parties.  (you can kind of see that fine purse)! They had a long fun day ahead of them.

Two things that make me SUPER happy is seeing my adult kids “parent well” and “have fun with each other”!  Ours happen to do both well.

The rest of us headed to Legoland and Sea Life with the four boys.  It was kid overload…not ours, everyone else’s. 
Another words it was PACKED.  Parker and Austin could pretty much do their own thing, but it took me, Jack, Greg and Dana to keep up with Gray and Jack…

I think on that day they forgot their names because they pretty much ignored us when  we called them..

All little's had money from Grammy and Pop to spend and those were major decisions, but everyone brought home loot that I will stumble over..

We took a break and ate at Rainforest Café…while waiting for an  hour we ended up next door in Books a Million…
For months we have been looking for Jack a Slinky Dog from Toy Story.  Gray has one. 
I never  make a trip to Target or Walmart that Jack does not remind me to look for Slinky Dog…

Right there in the half-price toys was ONE Slinky Dog…We grabbed it up, paid for it and he was one happy camper.
Then we went to Sea Life. It was so nice and the kids loved it….We saw lots of great fish…still kid overload…About 5 we headed back to the room…to get ready to watch the game and maybe serve as a taxi once the game was over. 
The boys got all settled playing with their loot, Dana and I got our comfy clothes on, got in  the beds with our computers and pinned
and watched the LSU Tigers play a good game…

Greg and Jack (pop) went down to the bar for some drinks and to watch the first half there.  Everyone was HAPPY..

Micah and Amanda found a ride home to the hotel about 3 AM (a non drinking driver..they are firm on that)!
They had a really fun day at the games and parties…and great seats to watch the Tigers.
We were all exhausted Sunday morning..I could not wake up.
Greg and his bunch had to leave to drive to Texarkana to see Dana’s very sick grandfather so they took three boys…

We were left with Jack.
We had an awesome lunch at The Grand Lux!!!! 
The best meal of the weekend.  We were dragging and getting all these texts saying the interstate was closed down on a section we had to go through due to wildfires and it was late …so we debated on driving or staying…

instead we spend several hours in IKEA….all tired to the bone..well except Pop, he is never tired.
 We are finally back home tonight…Jack came with us and kept me in stitches the entire trip, showing me his prizes. 
He will not know where the parts are tomorrow.   He did not sleep 5 minutes.  The fires were still burning and tonight it seems they are spreading and getting worse.

 cute Jack 2
This was Jack’s attire this weekend
Never without his Woody Hat.

The entire weekend we all looked at Jack, thinking back to where we had been 11 months ago, in the same town, in a scary hospital, hearing not good reports, not much encouraging news, and NOW!  Now life is normal, he drives the kids everywhere and can hang with them the longest.  We are blessed.
Austin and Parker will be so happy I did not post any pictures of them…

Thank you Micah and Amanda for putting this trip together. You did good.  Now time for me to get serious about working on Christmas stuff.


Alleluiabelle said...

Love you Teresa. What a beautiful and special time away with your family. Our God is AWESOME.


Theresa said...

What a fun trip and tiring too:) I can't believe it has been that long since Jack's stroke, he has really come a long way! A slinky dog, I bet you all screamed when you saw it!

We watched lots of football this weekend and enjoyed it so much! Loved the picture of the boys playing with the IPAD:)

Enjoy your evening Dear Teresa, HUGS!

Linda said...

Sounds like a delightful trip with the family. I am so glad that Jack is all healed and doing so good. And is Austin all back to normal too?

God is so good.

Hope you can rest a little before getting all tuckered out doing tree stuff.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a perfect, busy, weekend. How awesome that you could all be together and what a difference from last year! How blessed you are.