Sunday, February 28, 2010

A BOY NEEDS HIS POP

A BOY NEEDS HIS POP

This picture says it all about our week last week. A boy REALLY needs his POP. Jack loving Jack as soon as Pop arrived home from the hospital.

I started this post two days ago and for some reason had to stop, so I will just pick up where I left off. Today, I have been fighting off the stomach bug that the entire family has been friends or should I say enemies with. I can NEVER remember a sicker winter. This post has nothing too exciting, but how thankful I am for NORMAL. I probably should have used a different word, maybe ORDINARY, maybe UNEVENTFUL. A good friend on Facebook ask me what NORMAL meant and to me that's a day none of my immediate family has any kind of crisis. What's your definition of a normal day? Keep reading as there are some great photos of some of my favorite people.
Saturday we enjoyed a relaxing day. We made a quick stop by Canton (PERFECT CANTON weather and that does not happen often), had a great meal at Red Lobster and headed to the HOTEL...I worked on paper work , addressed a few cards to friends, and stayed up way too late, but slept until noon on Sunday....That's my kind of day. WE had brunch at Le Madeline's....a favourite of ours. Nothing like their potato soup. Then made some stops at Michaels, Ulta, Kirkland's, Barnes and Noble, TJ Maxx and Steinmart. So some real R & R that was much needed. Last week was exhausting. What a difference a week can MAKE!Then two days of buying spring merchandise , flowers for wreaths, just general WORK.
We got home late last night and I was suddenly VERY TIRED....and just starting to get sick, so have slept most of today...Even turned down a visit by Grayson, in fear that I might pass something back to him...Parker and Jack did spend the evening with us as their Dad is out of town and Amanda needed us to help out...There is ABSOLUTELY NO MEDICINE as effective or as GOOD as hugs from little boys. Now its almost midnight and I have basket orders to get out for tomorrow...so this will be a LONG NIGHT. One advantage/disadvantage of having a home business...the work is always close by.
I love this first picture of Jack....it was made while he had the BUG and felt terrible but how I love that little guy. And guess what...he can count to 10 and he has just started putting 3 and 4 words together...so cute.
This next picture was taken when his Mom thought Parker was watching him. Look who is asleep and who is about to ESCAPE. It just makes me laugh as I know Jack's personality and know he had GET AWAY on his mind.


Aunt Manda holding sweet Grayson when he made a SURPRISE visit to her office today! No words necessary for this little HAPPY MAN. He lights up our lives. And even though he has had more than his share of sickness, he is the HAPPIEST baby, always SMILING. He looks so much like his Dad's baby pictures. And no DAD has ever been PROUDER.
I have read a few blogs tonight and loved the peak into Beth Moore's life. Her "realness" never fails to touch my heart.
I am planning on catching up on ALL my favorite blogs soon.
Since I have to ship some prizes, why not ship one more.....A short contest.....tell me your definition of
a normal day in the comment section of this post and that will enter you. I think I am addicted to giving prizes. I will draw a name Friday night...
Sorry this was such a random post. I have several that I am working on but they are still in the draft stages...but coming up will be the redo that my friend did on my house, some new colors that I saw lots of at market for the spring and summer and a NEW MEME that I found on another blog that I LOVED.
Also please remember to pray for Lisa at Glad Chatter. What a faith filled WOMAN with some HUGE mountains in her life.

13 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

A normal day is work. But a FAVORITE normal day is time spent with my baby girls!!!

Hope everyone is feeling better. We have had the head cold crud but not the stomach bug...Hope I haven't spoken too soon!

Gigi said...

A normal day for me is a day that starts out in prayer and ends with prayer and is sprinkled in between with time with my parents, call from my grown son who lives in LR, a visit from my son who lives in town and a picture of my new granddaughter! That is a perfect normal day for me!

SusanD said...

So glad everyone is home and doing well. The pic of Aunt Manda and Grayson is just too darn cute. His personality shines through. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, my normal day? Pretty boring. Work, fitness, cook, study, bed. lol

Blessings, SusanD

Andrea said...

What a precious family. Normal is a relative term....
Hugs, blessings, and prayers,
andrea

Bama Belle said...

Wonderful photos! I am so glad that Pop is home and resting! We are all still praying for you both!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Heeeheehe! We just don't have normal days here on the Ponderosa. Anything to a calf fallin' through the ice to bears in the molasses lick tanks. Nope, no normal 'round here.

Take care of yourself Hon, stomach bug is just no fun. I'm praising our Lord and Savior that your family is healthy. You little happy man is so very adorable.

Ya'll have a greatly blessed day!!!

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

Oh, I hope you are feeling better soon!!! Don't push yourself!!!

Heart2Heart said...

Teresa,

I would agree with you that this winter seems to have all of us way more sick than I can remember in years past!

Here is hoping that with warmer weather coming that you'll all be feeling better soon!

A normal day for me right now, would be any day I can get out of bed without any pain or taking any pain meds. Those days don't come often anymore but I praise God when they do. Its like sunshine on a cloudy day!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Nina Diane said...

normal to me is whatever makes you feel good! So I'm glad you have "normal" again.....

Unknown said...

As Barbara Johnson says, "Normal is just a setting on the dryer". I am far from being "normal" although I'm normally a patient person, a happy person and a joyful person. I'm normally not selfish, but normally giving. I'm normally not selfish but normally loving.

I guess reaching for normal is probably close to impossible for me but I'm so glad I have something to reach for.

Jeane` said...

Dearest Teresa...
What a beautiful, colorful, expressive, warm and welcoming blog you have!! Thank you so much for stopping by mine. Your comments have meant so much.

The Saturday you described in this entry sounds delightful!!! When I visited my younger sister in Texas, she took me to a Le Madeline's (twice)and I LOVED it. Especially their tomato soup, if I recall the right restaurant. Yum! All the stores you then mentioned are a few of my favorites. Sounds like a great day to me.

I love seeing pictures of happy children. What a gift for them to have such loving grandparents as you (and what a beautiful youthful grandma you are!!!)

Thank you again for introducing yourself. I'll be back!!

Warmly
Jeane`

Jeane` said...

Dearest Teresa...
What a beautiful, colorful, expressive, warm and welcoming blog you have!! Thank you so much for stopping by mine. Your comments have meant so much.

The Saturday you described in this entry sounds delightful!!! When I visited my younger sister in Texas, she took me to a Le Madeline's (twice)and I LOVED it. Especially their tomato soup, if I recall the right restaurant. Yum! All the stores you then mentioned are a few of my favorites. Sounds like a great day to me.

I love seeing pictures of happy children. What a gift for them to have such loving grandparents as you (and what a beautiful youthful grandma you are!!!)

Thank you again for introducing yourself. I'll be back!!

Warmly
Jeane`

Anonymous said...

the pictures of the boys are so precious! they are very beautiful..thank you for stopping by my blog! God bless!