- How do I make a bow like the ones I have on the Christmas blog? It is all in the hold and it is one of those things that many cannot do because they try TOO hard to make it perfect. I am going to try and give a demonstration on a post soon. Stay tuned!
- How did I get started in the TREE BUSINESS? I did a few friends homes, always had a tree in every room at my house (that is no longer the case) and one tree led to two, then five, then 10 and now 17 years later we do 60-70 trees.
- What is my draw to Mickey? Just the pure magic in kids and now my grandkids eyes.
- What is my favorite ornament? I am very lucky to have picked up literally thousands of ornaments at market through the years at sample sales at market, so I have some ornaments that probably wholesaled for ridiculous prices that I purchased for a dollar..I started to say I had hundreds and then I thought again and I really do have mega ornaments. On my big tree, I had over 1500 ornaments last year. But my most prized ornaments are all my Disney ornaments....
- How long have I been going to Disney? for many years but the 8 trips we have made with Parker and then the one with the entire family last October, by FAR the most SPECIAL.
- How can you do a beautiful tree on a budget? I think I did a post on that on the other blog, but will continue to give tips along the way.
- What do I do besides decorate trees and what does my husband do? I keep grand babies, which is my most favorite job. Fortunately, the tree business is very profitable and I can work about 4 months out of the year. My husband is a retired football coach and now drives chartered buses for college athletic teams. A job he can do only when he wants to....so it is very part time. As for how we do Disney so often, that's just where we splurge. My parents both died within three months of each other several years ago. From their estate we have been able to take care of retirement, meaning we live no different today than we did before having that inheritance, with the exception of GREAT family trips. A big thank you to my Mom and Dad for being savers and investors.
- How do I accomplish so much in a day? Time management is one of my biggest challenges. I stay up very late and always get the most done from 10 PM until 2 AM...plus I live by multiple lists. I am never caught up. NEVER!
- What is the secret to being married for 37 years? This one will seem very trite..but we love the same things, we never thought of divorce as an option, my husband is the easiest going person on EARTH, and through good years and not so great years, we still would rather do life with each other. We have 2 children...Greg and Amanda and they are 7 years apart. We have four grandsons that we GET TO grandparent together.
- Where would I travel if not to Disney? I am just a Disney addict and would probably always choose that first, but I love New York City, love California, love Las Vegas, and I like an occasional cruise.
What got me started blogging? I have been a blog reader for several years, thought about blogging for at least a year before I actually began..and one day I just jumped in....and it has really become one of the neatest things I have ever done.
And then fell asleep in his Pops arms while we cheered on our FAVORITE PLAYER
If you missed the latest post on the Christmas blog , I added some pictures of some very whimsical colors late last night! Check it out...and leave a comment...Remember that's all it takes to enter you in the drawing for the October ornaments.